Geothermal Heat Pumps
Geothermal heat pumps are similar to ordinary heat pumps, but use the ground instead of outside air to provide heating, air conditioning and, in most cases, hot water. Because they use the earth's natural heat, they are among the most efficient and comfortable heating and cooling technologies currently available.
Earning the ENERGY STAR means products meet strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the US Environmental Protection Agency and the Department of Energy.
- ENERGY STAR qualified geothermal heat pumps use about 40-60 percent less energy than a standard heat pump.
- They are quieter than conventional systems.
Remember, saving energy prevents pollution. By choosing ENERGY STAR and taking steps to optimize the performance of your heating and cooling equipment, you are helping to prevent global warming and promoting cleaner air while enhancing the comfort of your home.
You may also be interested to know:
- Though these products can be more expensive to purchase up front, the cost difference will be back over time through lower energy bills.
- When buying new equipment, sizing and installation are as important as product quality.
- You can get better heating and cooling performance at home with ENERGY STAR home sealing (insulation and air sealing) and duct sealing.
- Consider regular maintenance to maintain your heating and cooling system performance.
Energy Star - U.S. Environmental Protection Agency - U.S. Department of Energy